Who can make a Will?
In practice, the person making the Will – sometimes referred to as Testator (male) or Testatrix (female) – must:
- be 18 years of age or over;
- have testamentary capacity at the times of taking their instructions and signing, i.e. be of sound mind;
- know and understand the instructions they are giving you; know whom they should consider in their Will;
- make the Will of their own free choice;
- understand the contents and consequences of their Will;
- know they are signing a Will.