Whom should I appoint as my Executor?

A husband would normally name his wife, and a wife her husband, either on their own or together with grown up child/ren or another close family member or family friend.  If the Will is complex (e.g. with trusts) or the estate is fairly complex or if inheritance tax is due on the estate it is generally advisable to appoint a professional executor acting jointly with your choice(s).  Always ask for and obtain permission from the individual concerned, before naming them as your executor.

If you appoint a professional executor, they will charge for their service.  For more on this, see our section on Executors within the “Wills” menu; Cornerstone Wills can be appointed to act solely or jointly with others that you trust or as a final choice to provide longevity to the Will.

Follow Us

Subscribe and Get News